Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eight shows in; still lame


You would have thought by now Jimmy Fallon's nerves would have calmed a bit. He's still uncomfortable as ever giving an interview. At this point, maybe he's made a style decision and he's going to run with the "I'm not a stuffy professional-I'm a just a endearing old friend from college" type of approach, but either way, it's brutal watching him stumble through a sit down, chat style interview. The bits have been just as bad as his interview questions. That includes "lick it for ten," which seems like a promotional deal for whatever product the studio audience members are licking. Same goes for the guy from engadget.com who came on the show, basically on behalf of PALM to showcase the new PALM PRE....lame.

4 comments:

  1. That's too bad; I kinda like Jimmy Fallon. I didn't realize he even had a show, but now I won't waste my time looking for it. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it in its entirety last night for the first time. The guests knew something was wrong there, and the comedian even called out the audience for not laughing. How he got The Roots as a house band I'll never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed this 2 or 3 times now when channel surfing - that thing he does where calls a person's "name" from the audience and then says something "funny" about them - I hate that shtick so much! It's not amusing at all!

    ReplyDelete